Monday, May 10, 2010

Abbie Brooke Shaw 4-29-10


Abbie has finally arrived, well she is 11 days old today. It has taken me a while to post anything because we've been adjusting to little Abbie and it is exhausting but so much fun!
For those of you who don't know my "labor story," here it is:
I went in to be induced on April 29 at 7:30a.m. The nurse started me on pitocin about 8:45 and the doctor broke my water around 9:15. By that point I was already 4cm dilated and 80% effaced. The nurse took my blood and found out that I had a low blood platelet count which means that I might not get an epidural. So by that point I just broke down b/c the pain was getting worse and my contractions were about 2 minutes apart. The anesthesiologist looked at my results and decided that I could get my epidural. By that time I was 6 cm dilated. After my epidural I felt soo good! I highly recommend them :). Anyways the rest of my labor was extremely easy and Abbie arrived at 4:47p.m. and weighed 5lbs 15.8 oz, but the doctor rounded it to 6lbs which is on her birth certificate.
Life with Abbie is wonderful and I don't know what I ever did with out her. Jeff is such a great dad and I love the way Abbie just stares and him when she hears his voice. I'm not sure how well she can see but you can tell his voice is very familiar to her. (Jeff used to talk to my belly at night before we would go to bed) Today is Jeff's first day back at work after having 11 days off so it has been tiring getting up at all the feedings in the middle of the night, but I'll get used to it. Jeff did such a great job with Abbie. He is such a great dad!

1 comment: