Monday, April 19, 2010

False Alarm 4-18-10


I lost my mucus plug on Saturday and ever since then I felt weird and was having irregular contractions. I thought that I had some "leaking", and Jeff and I went to the hospital to make sure everything was okay. While we were at the hospital the nurse checked my cervix and I was still 2 cm dilated. I was hooked up to the heart rate and contraction monitor and everything was healthy and normal.
We were at the hospital for three hours getting everything checked out and waiting for the results of the fern test (which determines if there is any amniotic fluid present) which came back negative meaning there wasn't any. We were bummed because we had convinced ourselves that, that is what it was and that we were going to be having our baby the next day.
I was glad that I had this experience because when I went into the hospital this time I was freaking out and shaking uncontrollably and just so nervous. Now that I have a better idea of what the procedure is when I go into the hospital I will be more calm.
Jeff and I had our bags packed and everything ready in the car to bring the baby home, and it was so sad to bring an empty car seat back in the house. :( WE ARE SO READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment